The great british Kilpatrick PR Easter bake off will begin on 25th March …
Last week we invited beauty press to come and experience the new Acqua di Parma Acque Nobile fragrance launch. Described by one journalist, as serene and elegant, the event was a huge success.
Meticulous planning down to the finest detail meant that press enjoyed macaroons in the beautiful pastel shades of the floral fragrances while the calm white draped room at the Agua Spa at The Sanderson was brought to life with stylish floral displays evocative of the ingredient notes within the fragrance notes.
Thanks to Fiona McCarthy for her wonderful piece in the Independent Magazine on the incredible Phyto garden/park that she visited with us recently. What a wonderful feature and what an incredible brand.
In typically English fashion it wasn’t until the Olympic Torch passed our offices last Thursday that we all truly got into the Olympic spirit! We were amongst the first to line the pavement in Fulham Broadway, and as we patiently waited to get a glimpse of The Torch, crowds of people soon swelled around us and the ‘Olympic Buzz’ was well and truly in the air. There was an array of colour, a mishmash of bunting, flags, signs and police cars which all complemented the brightly coloured Olympic sponsor buses filled with dancers and music. The Torch finally passed, crowds cheered and clapped, young and old were united, and as the sun beamed down it was clear to see that as a country we are all beaming with pride at hosting such an amazing event, and it’s only just beginning!
Friday bought us the opening ceremony which was the most amazing showcase of all things British; it couldn’t have gotten any better with James Bond and THE QUEEN! With various locations hosting the different sporting events across the country, one of them happens to be on our doorstep – Earls Court – we’re extremely lucky to have a slice of Olympic excitement everyday as it’s hosting the Volleyball. Each morning we are greeted by floods of tourists eagerly waiting to watch their tournament, along with hoards of British Army workers that are helping manage it all. What has struck us most as an office of 19 women without sounding clichéd, is the ‘girl power’ happening right before our eyes. Aside from Tennis and Marathons there isn’t much room for female athletes in a heavily male dominated environment. The Games provide the perfect Global platform for women to take centre stage in the world of sport and in just THREE days, an amazing forte of female athletes are doing us proud! As I write these very words The GB Pairs Team (rowing), has just won GOLD, and it was just yesterday The GB Equestrian Team took Silver, following Lizzie Armistead who won the first Silver for the tough women’s cycling road race on the 29th July, as well as Rebecca Adlington who came away with Bronze for her tremendous efforts in the 400m freestyle swimming – seems like we’re already onto a winning streak and we have so much more to go!
Without deriving away from the fantastic sportsmanship, we also couldn’t help but notice being Beauty PR’s the exceptional nail art that has been hot topic amongst the beauty press and some amazing patriotic designs have been showcased.
All of us will be watching in anticipation over the coming weeks, and can’t wait to see what else is to come… GO TEAM GB!
French haircare brand Phyto has opened a Blow Dry Lounge within the Fred Segal Salon in Santa Monica. Rated one of the worlds premier salons and visited by some of LA’s hottest celebrities, the new Phyto Blow Dry Lounge offers a choice of five menu options including Classic Curls, Give it to me Straight, Pump up the Volume and Beach Chic.
Owner Matthew Preece comments: ‘It’s an exciting time for the salon and we’re thrilled to partner with PHYTO. Whether you’re on your way to a night out with friends or getting ready for a red carpet event, the Blow Dry Lounge is a destination to sit back, relax and enjoy a gorgeous blow dry’
Interesting to read that Walgreens announced earlier this week their intention to buy a 45% stake in Alliance Boots with an option to purchase the remaining 55% in 3-years’ time.
And according to the ft.com boots have also held talks with Ocado about retailing their own brand products through Ocado.